SPREAD THE WORD EVERYONE….
Its that time of the year as we GO OUT and LET OTHERS HEAR OUR VOICE. The GAY PRIDE MONTH and this years Pride March pays tribute to our “Our rights,our lives, our loves,our selves”
*Festive Parade around Malate
*See the longest Rainbow Flag in SE Asia
*Yograkarta Principles Presentation
*Ms.Queen Philippines Pagent
*Street Party all night long at Orosa Nakpil and a lot more
Task Force Pride would like to invite you and/or your group to participate in this year’s celebration of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride March in Malate on 6 December 2008, Saturday, 3 PM to 5 PM. The registration and assembly time will be from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM at Remedios Circle. The route of this year’s march is: Remedios Circle-Remdios Street-MH Del Pilar-Pedro Gil-Maria Orosa Street.
According to Task Force Pride based from what it has posted www.guys4men.com, the march will be followed by a brief cultural program showcasing both LGBT and non-LGBT talents and will be concluded by a street party in Maria Orosa Street (by the Courtyard).
The Pride March is known for its overwhelming attendance. It attracts thousands of participants and generates extensive local and international media attention. This year’s Pride March is particularly significant as it coincides with the celebration of the 60th year of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the launch in Manila of the Yogyakarta Principles (www.yogyakartaprinciples.org),an international declaration which affirms sexual orientation and gender identity and expression as fundamental human rights.
For international participants interested in joining the March, you may refer to ‘International Delegates 2008 Manila Pride March’ facebook group
or register at InternationalDelegation08ManilaPride@yahoogroups.com
to keep you posted on details about flights to Manila, accommodation, things to do in Manila during the Pride March week, etc.
- Thousands march in Jerusalem’s Gay Pride Parade (talithaspraathuis.wordpress.com)
- Gay Pride March in Jerusalem (kolotv.com)
- Pink Waves Gay Pride Flag, Embraces Lesbian Chatter (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Why do we still need Gay Pride? Because Russia just voted to ban it, and homosexuality is a crime in 82 countries (metronews.ca)
- Violence at Russian Gay Pride parade nothing new: Canadian filmmaker (metronews.ca)
- Montenegrin Priest Consecrates Budva After Gay Pride (eurasiareview.com)
- Gay Pride. (rachelahodge.wordpress.com)
- Rainbow flags burned outside Fort McMurray’s first gay pride event (vancouversun.com)
- In Mexico City, 80,000 People Participated for Gay Pride March (medindia.net)