of course, a lot of us is fond of dating. in current gay language, its fondly called as ‘eye ball’. from the word itself, you would know what does it mean … ‘magkita na lang tayo sa mata’.
we have our own share of good and bad memoies of past dates…some are even disturbing and downright scary. soooo… to avoid such scenario, here are 10 dating tips which may lead to a happier meet-up.
1. REMEMBER THEY ARE STRANGERS. though we felt that we knew them by heart through constant text, always remember that they are still strangers. though they may have spilled their guts and heart via messages and cyber profiles… its still beneficial if you still keep yourself on guard on that night. you may never know what will happen next and they may have provided false identities to lead you to their trap. you dont want to be the next headline of some crappy tabloid…dont you?
2. YOU PICK THE PLACE. pick a place that you know, just like the back of your hand. i always pick out a restaurant which im familar with and have friends as well – from the managers to the waiters so in case something happen, they knew me and whom im dating with during that time. as for me, I always pick LOO-KAL BAR in malate. Aside from the fact that they a cozy ambiance, they have friendsly staff who you could trust with.
3. BRING MONEY. come on…never forget your wallet WITH CASH. its definitely one of the most embarassing moments which will happen on a date. you dont want false leads that you dont have the money and your just using him for a free meal. PLUS, money can pull you off in a sticky scenario like instantly hailing a cab if your too uncomfortable with your date.
i did it one time when i have dated a “supposed to be” seamen. i picked up a place in malate – Gilligans to be exact and sitted right outside the resto. why seamen? you know me, i have a kinky fantasy for uniformed men. harharhar
but it turns out that he seems to be an impostor as i try to ask him several questions related to his work. you will know that he is not telling the truth and i have that icky feeling he is up to no good so the moment i have had the chance to hail a cab…hey …..i grabbed the chance and just gave a lame emergency excuse as i hurried inside the vehicle and close all possible doors. i can still remember what i have told the driver ‘manong bilis…..wag kayong hihinto…’
4. BRING MINTS…or any breath mints. hahahahaha!
there are instances that i gave my date some breath mints before we french kiss. of course, after eating and drinking, its the quickest way to fresh up our breath for a looong lasting kiss fest.
5. CONDOMS AND POCKET LUBES. please bring at least 5 condoms for you and your partner. sometimes kasi, our dates are the one who forgot the condoms and its best that you have ALWAYS have a spare para you could offer him if ever. You should always remember the value which Boy Scout has imparted “dapat laging handa!”
i know some of this eye ball always leads to sex and its better safe than never. you should always come prepared…we were once boy scouts, you know!
6. STOP ‘MY EX’ STORIES. its annoying. really!!!! cant you think of any stories to tell?.
on the first place, youre meeting this guy to know him better. if you will kept on yapping on how many men have you dated and how good they are …please give me their cellphone numbers and ill date them instead
7. ITS ME, MYSELF AND I. come on…telling stories about your ex is one thing but telling things about yourself to the point ‘bragging’ all through the night is tiring!
really…ive met a lot of guys who kept on talking about themselves…to the point of boredom. arrrrggghhhhh! i hated self conceited dates….
8. STOP TEXTING. one of the darnest things youl’l do in front of your date. its annoying and uncivilized. stop wasting the time of your date! please turn your mobile phone on mute or on vibra mode so the beep wouldnt ruin the night.
9. ATTENDANCE IS A MUST. this thing happens usually in a mall with multi level floors. your meeting place is at the ground floor right in the middle of a fountain area. then youll get a text from your date,
what are you wearing?. of course you will obliged by texting your full ensemble, the color and even the designer your wearing. after several minutes, he will text ‘ ay sorry…may emergency pala’. then youll never know what happen until one day nalaman mo na the guy your supposed to date is also a friend of your friend (gets mo ba???). then he is blabbing that he have had a date that he run off because he didnt like what he saw.
gawd…maliit lang ang mundo! if your too picky with your date then stop asking for EB. karma is just around the corner. baka mangyari rin sayo yan. come on…where is common decency? you ask him for an EB then if you didnt like what you saw…babastusin or youll ditch him. remember GOD is watching!
10. LET YOUR FRIENDS KNOW. if you will date someone else, let your fiends know it. tell them exactly their numbers, names, where it will happen and if you have his profile links, send it as well. its better that someone know what is happening, if you cant tell it to your parents or your siblings …at least your friends whom you could count and rely with.
i hope you like my tips for dating on ‘what to do’ before, during and after the dates. always be reminded that we are investing our precious time on this date and it takes days to prepare so make the most out of it. be safe and play well kiddos